Information Assurance and Cyber Security Degrees in Georgia
Georgia is home to no less than 21 Fortune 500 companies, including giants like Coca-Cola, UPS and Delta Airlines. It is also the home base for such cyber security companies as NexDefense and Pindrop Security. The state is home to seven schools awarding degrees in cyber security, and no less than six of these are designated as “National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Security” by the NSA. Jobs postings are plentiful, and professionals can find a number of cyber security opportunities in the Peach State. With abundant opportunities for cyber security careers and numerous school programs of outstanding quality, it’s no wonder that the state is a rising star in the field. In fact, Fortune named Atlanta 1st on its 2017 list of “Cities that could Become the World’s Cyber Security Capital.” �
Georgia Cyber Security Jobs
Georgia was ranked 8th in the nation for total cyber security job postings in 2014. PricewaterhouseCoopers, a tax consulting corporation, and the computer company Dell are two of Atlanta’s larger employers of cyber security experts. In Augusta, BAE Systems, an aerospace and defense corporation, is another large source of cyber security jobs, as is Fort Gordon’s United States Army Cyber Command. The mean salary in the field is $89,820, compared to a national median of $92,600. This difference, however, is in line with the state’s lower cost of living relative to the national average.
Cyber Security Degrees in Georgia
Associate’s Degrees in cyber security are available from Armstrong State University, which is recognized by the NSA as “National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Security” (CAE).
Bachelor’s Degrees in cyber security are offered by three schools: Armstrong State University, Kennesaw State University, and the University of North Georgia. All three are considered CAE’s by the NSA.
Master’s Degrees in cyber security are available through three Georgia institutes, all CAE’s: Georgia Tech, Clark Atlanta University and Kennesaw State University.
Certificates in cyber security are offered by a total of five schools, of which four are CAEs.
Cyber Security Resources in Georgia
State Government Entity/Resource
State Government Entity/Resource
Other Resource: private/public partnership
Other Resource:: innovation and training Center
Other Resource: innovation and training center
Cyber Security Degree Providers in Georgia
Below we’ve included some of the most pertinent information for choosing a cyber security degree program. Affordability looked at the average in-state tuition rate (where applicable) and divided the range of tuition rates into five bins. Each bin contains a roughly $8,000 jump in tuition. So one $ contains schools from roughly $1,000 in in-state tuition to $9,000, $$’s contains schools from >$9,000 to $17,000, and so forth. Retention rate is one of the best predictors of undergraduate education quality. While the NSA/CAE designation marks programs deemed excellent by the NSA.
Armstrong State University
- Associate of Science in Cyber Security Bachelor of Information Technology – Cyber Security Track Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Cyber Crime Track Cyber Crime Graduate Certificate Cyber Crime Minor Cyber Security Minor Cyber Security Undergraduate Certificate
- Cyber Defender Certificate
Clark Atlanta University
- M.S. Degree in Computer Science with a concentration in Computer Networks and Security
Columbus State University
- Information Systems Security Officer Information Systems Security Professional
- Cyber Security Certificate Master of Science in Information Security
Kennesaw State University
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) concentration on Information Security and Assurance (ISA) Graduate Certificate in Information Security Graduate Certificate Program in Information Security and Assurance Information Security & Assurance Major Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT) specialization in information security and assurance Undergraduate Certificate in Information Security
University of North Georgia
- BA/BS in Business with a Minor in Cyber Security or Information Assurance & Security